Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home is Where the Heart Is!!

Winter Break!! It was supposed to be the first time i went home but i got a surprise and got to go home for thanksgiving :) I can't believe i was only home for about 4 months in 2011 not that Texas feels like home but it is where my family is! The Sunday after I got to Texas my family left and drove 5 hours to San Antonio to have a "family vacation" since, according to my dad, we haven't done anything as a family in a while. (I honestly don't know how going to Ohio for graduation and two trips to Utah doesn't count as doing something as a family haha) Anyway so the first day we were there we went to the Alamo. Honestly I do not recommend going. sure its one of those places everyone says you should go because of the historical value but honestly...it is the most boring historical place I have ever been!! We were bored....so what did we do? We sat around and took random pictures :D If you don't know me or my family this is something we do rather often at our house!




One funny thing that did happen at the Alamo is that we were walking around looking at old stuff and there was this room with a video in it. My dad started to walk in and Brielle grabs his arm and says: "Daddy that is fifteen minutes OF OUR LIIIVVVEEESSSS!" We all started laughing so hard! The guy that was walking in right behind my dad started laughing as well and just walked away and decided not to go in either! It was hilarious!

After we went to the Alamo, we went to the San Antonio River-walk. The River-walk is this river that runs through the middle of San Antonio that has a little walk way next to it and you would never guess you were in the middle of the city! It is beautiful and an awesome escape. Once again though when all there is to do is to look around...we are taking pictures :)



So we found this cool red tunnel. Kendyll asked to have her picture taken in it and then I decided I did to and I wanted to be jumping! so then we all decided to take jumping pictures :)






My dad felt left out so he decided he wanted to do one too....I think he looks like he is being shot though! haha 


Brielle..The tree hugger!


One small step for a man, one GIANT leap for Kendyll!


The next day was the day that I was so excited for....SEAWORLD!!! I was so excited! 


So right after we walked in we decided to go over to the dolphin area because i was the closest! when we got there we say tat we could feed dolphins!! I GOT TO FEED DOLPHINS!!! I was so excited and I still think it was so cool! We were super lucky too because they closed it right after we were done! I think that was my favorite part of the day!!






After we fed the dolphins :D we went to the shark/fish place. Then we got to see Shamu!






Look its Baby Shamu!!!!


SeaWorld was way fun!


The day after that we went to six flags. I am not a big roller coaster person but it was fun! (mostly cause I was with my family. 




I decided to brave the Ferris wheel....It wasn't a great Idea. I sat like this the whole time. WAY to high for me!



So then we went home and just hung out until Christmas. Christmas was so much fun! We went over to the Warren's house for Christmas eve and had dinner and did the Nativity there. We also got to open our one present...P.J.s! When we got home we took a picture in front of the tree and then went to bed super early! no joke like 8:30!!!





Kendyll gave Brielle and I Nerf guns for Christmas :D we shot her with them the whole time and she didn't have anything to fight back with hahaha!


I got Kendyll and Brielle Both BYU hats for Christmas and they loved them! and of course they couldn't just take a normal picture haha that is my family for ya!


I got my dad this book called Daddy loves his little girl...He LOVED it!


So New Years Eve my sisters both went to a church dance and my parents were planning on going to six flags with some other couples in the ward which left me alone. My parents decided just to take me with them to six flags so I got to spend new years with a bunch of couples from our ward. That was my trip and it was so wonderful to be with my family and spend some quality time with them! I love them with all my heart and can't imagine life with out them!!!















1 comment:

  1. Good... because we can't imagine life without you either!! Good to see you blogging again. Will you put Grandma on your e-mail list for your blog. Call me if you don't know how!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete