OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe that I am actually here!! we made it safely and....It is snowing!!! This Morning we woke up to basically a white out. We couldn't see anything from our window. They said this is so rare it probably hasnt happened since the 1990s! It is crazy cold cause I didn't think it was going to snow but it is supposed to warm up I guess. I don't know but I think that it is awesome that I can experience the snow here since it is sooo rare!
The Flight was brutal!! I can't sleep in cars or planes so I am EXAUSTED!! but it was good anyway. for the flight to JFK I was in an isle seat (don not make fun of my spelling cause there is not auto correct on this computer!!) It was kinda long since my computer was dead so I couldn't do a ton of homework. the plane to Tel Aviv was HUGE!! It was two stories and there was like a middle isle of seats. It is like one of the planes that you see on TV and in movies but you never actually go on. I was in the middle which wasn't ideal for a 10 1/2 hour flight but I survived! It was one of those planes with your own individual screens and you got to pick out your own movies and music and there was games! that is pretty much what kept me occupied for the whole time cause there was so much do to. I got to watch Brave, Jane Erye, and the Lorax. They where all pretty good but definitely not the best! the plane food was...well plane food, but it was a neat experience! oh and BTW they had one of the rush CD's on the screen and it made me chuckle because of how obsessed my dad is with them! :)
Once we got here it was totally crazy cause I realized I couldn't call or FB anyone or anything and It really hit me. The bus ride was awesome cause of all the things we got to see and take pictures of on the way but I think it really hit me that I am actually here when we came around the corner and saw The Dome of the Rock!! It was AMAZING!! even though it was rainy and foggy and kinda hard to see that is when it really hit me that I am here!! I am actually in Jerusalem!! It is shocking and AMAZING!!!
I have only been here for not even 24 hours and I already am soo amazed and interested to learn so much more! This is an amazing experience that I am sooo incredibly grateful that I get to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment