So today was the Sabath day. It is really weird becuase we go to church on saturday now instead of going on sunday. They called sunday school sabath school. and the primary song that goes "Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, we welcome you today.." They sang Shalom instead of Hello. It was awesome to be honest. So after church today we FINALLY got to go out into the city. We walked through the city and it was amazing to me! There is trash everywhere and the drivers are absolutely TERRIBLE!! like it was almost scary. but It was amazing to finally get to go out and to see everything! I am so excited to go out again tomorrow and to get to see everything!
When we got to where we were going It was the absolutel most exciting thing!! The most amazing thing that I did today was...go to the Garden Tomb. For those of you who don't know, the Garden tomb is where we believe Christ was reserected and that was the tomb that he was burried in. It was so amazing! like I am totally speachless. I got to go to where my Lord and Savior was crucified and resurrected. Golgotha is right by it and so we got to see that too. It was absolutely AMAZING! the tomb is alot smalled then I had thought that tombs would be but It was so cool. It is cool to think that I can go there every sabath while I am here. I am definitely going to take advantage of that opportunity! when I actually went inside the tomb I felt the spirit sooooo strong! I am literally speachless. I cannot express to you in words the power I felt while I was there. I am so incredibly blessed for this wonderful experience and I thank my Heavenly Father daily for what he has given me. I felt at peace while I was there and I hope that is something I can find and keep before I leave here in 4 months. All in all...the Most amazing experience of my life to date!!
Tori! It sounds like you are having a blast! Are you taking pictures as you experience all of these once in a lifetime things?! I want to see pics! So glad you are having a great time. Miss you tons!
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing!! I am taking lots of pics but i can't post any right now because the internet bandwidth isn't big enough. If i tried to it would slow down everyone's internet really bad! when i can go up to Hebrew University I will try to :) Miss you lots hope all is going great in Provo!!
DeleteTori, I am so excited for you!!! It sounds like you are having such an amazing experience. I am so happy that you were able to go (and that we sold our contracts!) I have loved reading your blog already. What a wonderful opportunity. Take lots of photos and savor every moment!
ReplyDeletePs. I don't know how else to contact you, so I'll tell you here! I got my mission call, and I am going to the California Santa Rosa mission, Spanish speaking!! I leave May 15th and I am SO excited. I'm staying the semester (still figuring out where to live) and taking my first ever spanish class! :) Just thought I'd let you know. I can't believe Jaime's in the MTC already!
I'm glad you're doing so well, and maybe next time I can write you a letter instead of writing a giant comment -- do you have a mailing address yet? :) You are incredible Tori and again, I'm so happy for you! Take care! Love you!!
:) Becky