I GOT TO GO TO TURKEY!!! Here are just a few pics to show you how much fun I had and how awesome it was!!
Day 1
The First day was mainly a Travel day but it was still good!! :)
Rachel and I on our way, waiting in one of the many lines at the airport!
Kate and I are doing exactly what we shouldn't be! hehe
My plane buddies Sara G and Amber!
This is probably the best plane food i have ever had! and that chocolate mouse was sooooo good!!
First time trying Turkish Delight!
Heidi and I where so excited to eat Turkish Delight in Turkey!! :D
This Gorgeous Mosque was right down the street from our hotel so we thought we would go by and see it
Sierra, Sarah W. Lindee, Paige, Hannah, Janessa, Me, Mikkel, and Lindsey N.
Day 2
My new fav picture of Spencer N and John
Roommate Pic!!
I don't look excited at all do I???
We also go to go to the Tokapi palace but we couldn't take very many pictures there of anything exciting (plus my camera was dying haha) But we did find a cougar!! ;)
We went to the Beautiful Basilica Cistern!
We also got to tak e a beautiful cruse of the Bospherus straight!
David, Montana, and I
Day 3
We went to Gallipoli and comemorated Ansax day!
We went to Troy and "saw" the Trojan horse! (ok so many the Trojan horse was covered by a big giant tarp because there was construction going on but we got to see the nice black tarp!!)
Janessa and I enjoying the nice Horse!
And when we got to the hotel we hung out at the beach!!
After dinner, we decided to go out on the dock and go star gazing! It was absolutely beautiful!!
Day 4
The First thing we did was go to Assos!
From Assos you could see the Island of Lesbos (which is Greece!!)
The we went to Pergamum
Day 5
We got to go to the site of what is believed to be John the Baptist's tomb.
And then on to one of my favorite places of the trip...EPHESUS!!
Kendyll look who I found!!!
This is the theater that Paul taught in!
(and I was lucky enough to get to illegally test the accustics in there and sing!)
Day 6
It was super rainy and we had some looonnnggg bus rides but we got to go to Sardis.
And the Grande Mosque in Bursa!
I got really lucky and I was able to stay in the Mosque for Prayer
Day 6
We got to go to another Hagia Sophia that is associated with the council of Nicea
And we also got to go to Nicea where the first council was.
We also got to go to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul (the famous one) and It was gorgeous although I didn't get any really good pictures of it.
Making a wish!!
And for dinner we had...fish.
After that it was a 1 A.M. flight back to Jeru and we got back to the JC just in time to hear morning call to prayer! It was a fantastic trip and i can't believe that my trip here is almost over but i am enjoying every second that I am here!! :)
I can guess how much of that fish you actually ate... NONE!!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo not true!! I actually ate some of it and it wasn't that bad! I just couldn't finish it because it was staring back at me! It was the whole mental thing that got me haha :p
Delete