Mission calls are my favorite! I love how excited everyone
is and finding out where people are going. I get the chills and the spirit
bears witness to me of the truthfulness of the Gospel and the work that these
wonderful people will be doing. We have had 7 mission call openings and that is only the beginning!
On Sunday the 27th there were two mission calls received, two
girls that are absolutely amazing and will make some of the best missionaries.
McCall was called to the Minnesota, Minneapolis mission! And Tori (yes there
is another Tori) was called to Japan! They had both already opened their calls
via Skype with their parents but it was still super exciting and there were
definitely tears shed. Before they even read their calls we all sung called to
serve and that was a really neat experience! They spirit just flooded to room
and really testified of the work that these girls were going to be doing.
After Jordan, there were five mission calls! Three on
Thursday the 31st, one on Friday the 1st and one on
Monday the 4th!! On Thursday there were two guys and one girl.
Preston had already opened his call because his parents emailed it to him. So
he had known for about three days and wasn't going to tell anyone until we got
back to the center! I don’t know if I could have kept a secret like that for so
long! It is crazy!! So when we got back, John’s and Cara’s calls where both
waiting for them here! They were both super excited and we were all crazy
excited for them! As it turns out, there was a member of the presiding bishopric
and some other church employees that where here. We were originally going to
open it in the shekel shack (the student common area) rather than the oasis
(the cafeteria). Well, our special guests wanted to hear the calls so we all
gathered in the Oasis. We sung called to serve again which was just as amazing
this time as it had been the last!
Preston went first
and announced that he was going to the Moldova, Romania mission, Russian
speaking and leaving on May 8th. They John went and he got his
mission to the Baltic mission, Russian speaking and leaving on May 8th!
We all about freaked out!! I can’t believe that both of them leave only 10 days
after we get back from this trip and they could possibly be in the same
district or even companions while in the MTC! I think that is great! Another
really neat thing about Johns call is that he is going Russian speaking! He has
had three sisters go on missions. They have all gone to different missions but
they have all spoken Russian, and now he is no exception. He will be able to
speak Russian with his sisters all the time when he gets back I think that is
super cool!
After the boys it was Cara’s turn. As soon as she got up
there the water works started! I just couldn't hold it back! She is absolutely
amazing and she is such a great example to me! Anyway so when she got up there
she could barely read her call she was so excited and she ing going to Fiji!!
And she is speaking Fijian which I didn't even know was a language! Haha but I
am so excited for her! The next morning it was Lizzie’s turn! She opened her
call that morning with her parents and then announced it after class! She is
going to Taiwan! I think it is really cool because she already speak mandarin
so she probably will not have to be in the MTC for very long! On the 4th
Michelle opened her call and it turns out she is going to Japan as well and
reporting the same day as Tori. Even though they aren't going to the same
mission they will also be speaking the same language and could possibly be
together in the MTC! I think that is amazing!!
I just love that so many people are going on missions! It is
a true testament that the church is true and that we are here to spread the
good word of the gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment